Saturday 18 October 2014

Suros Regime

Exotic #4: Suros Regime

As my very first exotic that I received as a random drop, from a Legendary Engram, before Xur sold it and everyone bought it, I hold a special place in my heart for this truly remarkable auto rifle.


When I first began using the weapon, I found it to be a highly effective assault rifle that shone at hosing down a small group of enemies with its good rate of fire but average damage. During this time, I found it to nonetheless be far superior to any legendary auto rifle (Grim Citizen, Shadow Price) I had used. 

However, the weapon truly comes into its own when unlocking its Exotic Ability: 'Suros Regime.' What this ability does is decrease the rate of fire, but increases the damage. The weapon becomes less of a bullet hose than a full automatic DMR. I thought that the upgrade had the potential to ruin the weapon, but, less than 20 minutes later, when I tested my Exotic against the Guardians of the Crucible, taking on and slaughtering two, even three guardians with a single magazine, that the true potential of the gun had been unlocked. The sheer power of the gun, with the upgrade, means that it rapidly disintegrates Guardians' health bar, and the additional damage the further down the mag you go, combined with the possibility to kickstart health regeneration, means that it enables you to enter into firefights with multiple guardians and win. I then returned to PvE, and then next time I truly tested it was in the Vault of Glass. I managed to knock out all the oracles, entirely thanks to this gun. The recoil is utterly predictable, the damage very good, and the magazine size above average. 

Unfortunately, the one weakness that could be found with the gun was when, during firing, perhaps the kickback from one out of thirty-three bullets goes in an unexpected direction. Usually, the recoil is side-to-side, side-to-side, but will occasionally slip out of the rhythm. 

Realistically speaking, this is potentially the only gun you ever need to use in Destiny. 

Practicality: 10/10
Abilities: 9/10
Stats: 8/10
Ossim Possim: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment