Friday 24 October 2014

Pocket Infinity

Exotic #6: Pocket Infinity

As I firmly believe that Fusion Rifles are the most OP weapons in the game, I refuse to use them in PvP. PvE, however, is a different matter. And so when I heard about this particular Fusion Rifle, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. 



How to Obtain:
   Complete A Light in the Dark Exotic Bounty

Upon first glance, I was not particularly fond of the Pocket Infinity. Given that fusion rifles eliminate most enemies with one burst, I have never felt that Impact was a key statistic for them. However, it's never amiss, even with the particularly low charge rate. Fire is a useful element as well, but not particularly suited to a fusion rifle, as wizards and shielded shanks are not ideal targets for this.

Its abilities pre-patch made it by far the most powerful fusion rifle in the game, and a viable weapon for a variety of situations other fusion rifles could not cater to. The combination of the titular upgrade, which allows it to fire full auto, and returns some missed shots, and the enhanced battery, which gives it an 8 magazine, allows you to utterly annihilate an opponent with lengthy bursts, despite its high recoil. It was, generally, a gun I looked forward to obtaining, and a gun that I dreaded in PvP. However, since I acquired it, I was able to take advantage of these abilities for about 4 hours, before I ended the game, and woke up to a lovely hotfix. This removed the enhanced battery ability. Now that the clip is at 3,  the fully automatic mode means that the ammunition drains incredibly quickly. While the reload time compensates for frequent reloads, I can't help but feel that the recoil and small clip means you hit remarkably little. Since the patch, I have realised the weapon has been completely nerfed. The oversized clip was what made it incredibly powerful - now, it's just a fusion rifle with a slightly extended burst. Fairly impressive, not not a particularly useful tool. It lacks general utility, and for use against single targets, for dealing massive damage, it lacks accuracy and a sustainable rate of fire, give the clip size.

Overall, I must acknowledge the patch's effectiveness. The Pocket Infinity is no longer worth the Exotic slot, not when you're passing up the chance for a multitude of far superior weapons to be used.

Practicality: 5/10
Abilities: 7/10
Stats: 8/10
Ossim Possim: 7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment